300 Hour Yoga Therapy Training
Yoga Therapy ~ The Original Intent of Yoga
"To take care of our bodies and our life we need to address all three levels including Surrender, Devotion, and Applied Philosophy"
Therapy Training Overview
Continue your yoga education and expand your knowledge and practice with Marianne Wells Yoga Therapy Training. Developed through years of study by Marianne Wells in collaboration with medical and therapy professionals, this 300 hour curriculum will:
- expand your skill level as a yoga teacher
- deepen your knowledge as a yoga practitioner
- foster your evolution as a yoga professional
Yoga therapy combines the ancient yogic practices and techniques with a Western approach to medical and psychological understanding - tailored to the individual or small groups. Perfect for those who assume they “can’t do it.” Yoga Therapy is a process of adapting yoga to the needs of the individual.
While yoga can be viewed as a preventative lifestyle, yoga therapy is a way to:
- help treat the human condition for prevention of ailments
- restore the balance of the body/mind system
- manage a particular condition
- provide a cure for many
Prepare yourself for a more profound and deeper study to learn how to prescribe postures, pranayama, and meditation as complementary therapy allowing the individual to live a better physical, mental, and spiritual life.
The hours of study from the Yoga Therapy training can be applied toward a 500 hour RYT certification through Yoga Alliance.
Located at the beautiful Goddess Garden in Cahuita, Costa Rica in Limon province along the Caribbean coast. Registration for this session is open. Space is limited.
Marianne Wells Yoga School is a Yoga Alliance Registered School as well as a long standing member of International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) Registered School. Founder Marianne Wells is Yoga Alliance certified 500 E-RYT and is a member of IAYT. Marianne provides yoga therapy in Minnesota to cancer survivor group and at Viverant Therapy located in Edina.
- Physical Health and Healing
- Mental Health and Healing
- Helping The Super Fit
- Healthy Weight Loss
- Healthy Aging
- Women’s and Men’s Health
- Pre and Post Pregnancy
- Healing The Energies
- Ayurveda Therapy;Vatta, Pitta, Kapha Related Disorders, Yoga Therapies
- Tantra Introduction
- Clinical Work in Town
- Student Teach
- Cardiovascular, Circulatory, Respiratory, Integumentary, Immune, Lymphatic, Digestive, Urinary, Nervous, Endocrine Systems
- Sensory System and The Brain, The Mind
- Muscles, Bones and The Articular System
- Yoga’s role in treatment, which conditions are more amenable to yoga treatment and which aren’t
- Client Assessment - Medical history, treatments, adjunct therapies, mental outlook
- The Therapist Treatment Plan - Reaching agreement with the client, tracking progress, modifying treatment
- Addiction; Compulsive Gambling, Alcohol, Drugs
- What happens as the body ages, review of all systems affected, physiology, psychological, social features
The 300 hour Yoga Therapy Training is open to those looking to add to their previous 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification in order to reach the 500 hour RYT certification with Yoga Alliance, as well as those looking to deepen their understanding and personal practice. Currently IAYT is still finalizing yoga therapist certification requirements.
- 21 nights stay at the Goddess Garden Eco Retreat, located mere steps away from the beach along the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica in Cahuita, Limon Province
- 3 delicious daily meals
- Daily maid service
- Accredited 300 hours Yoga Therapy Training
- Applicable Costa Rican taxes
Arrival date is February 23, 2013 and departure date is March 16, 2013 as listed on the Calendar and Registration page. Once you register and indicate your desire to travel with our group, I can help arrange group ground transportation at an additional cost.
For travel to The Goddess Garden in Cahuita on the Caribbean coast:
- The airport you will fly into is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) located in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Arrival day is February 23, 2013 - we travel to the resort with evening meal our first night together.
- The drive is a beautiful 4 hour drive through mountains, national parks, plantations, and along the coast.
- If possible, try to arrive in Costa Rica February 22, 2013 to spend the night and travel to the coast on the morning of arrival day.
- If flying in to San Jose on arrival day, plan to arrive no later than 1 pm in order to ride with other students to the coast.
- Ground transportation fees including taxis are not included in your tuition. Group ground transportation is arranged, with costs shared among the passengers riding with you.
- Other ground transportation options include Interbus, public transportation - that you may choose from on your own. Be aware that Interbus and public transit depart for Cahuita in the morning and plan accordingly.
- Departure day is March 16, 2013. Plan to travel to San Jose, stay overnight near the airport, and fly out of SJO on Sunday March 17, 2013.
- I can honestly say that my life will forever be changed for the better because of my experience with you. The training and personal effort were life changing, but most of all, I it was your guidance. You have enhanced my practice, enriched my spirituality. I am eternally grateful to you. Marianne, thank you for teaching me, for sharing your wisdom, and giving me someone to look up to as I proceed down my own path. ~ Alicea A
- I really wanted to write you and let you know just how much I appreciated the training with you and how glad I am that I chose the happy yoga training and not any other one. I learned so much! My classes are different now, I have every student use props all throughout the class, every class. And I adjust, and adjust, and adjust. Even giving little massages in the end, something I was always a little afraid to do before, and now every other class people ask me how long I've been practicing reiki. Even my type A surfing students realize that props aren't there to help us because we are not good enough, but to "perfect" the pose and make us even better yogis. Classes are going so great! Every morning I have around 10 students, since we "yoga'd" up the hotel we are getting more and more people here that come for the yoga only. I know now how to teach a class to half retiree resort people and half young surfer people without freaking out, so that's good. For all of this, thank you. ~ Rachel B
- I wish I could have told you sooner how grateful I am you were my teacher. It took me a while to be open to the many "nuggets" you dropped at training, but, almost a year later, boy have those "aha" moments come around! :) Your teachings always come up spontaneously in my yoga journey, and still reveal new things. Thank you for all your wisdom. xx ~ Rhiannon H
- Just wanted to tell you how important you still are every day in my life. You're part of my thoughts, my conversations, my best memories...You inspire me each day and I thank you for that! ~ Emilie M.