200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
200 HR RYT Foundation Overview
This 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreat gives you the proper foundation for teaching yoga safely, confidently and knowledgeably. You’ll learn the basic principles of yoga, and will gain an understanding of the essential elements needed to deepen your inner awareness in your practice of yoga in order to be an authentic guide to others. Marianne’s teachings focuses on helping her students uncover how to embody what they teach through a comprehensive, hands-on curriculum in her teacher trainings.
Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training is true immersion at its finest. Upon completion of the training, you will earn a 200 hour certificate, and will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance, and be able to continue your education with advanced Yoga Teacher Training programs.
Marianne carefully selects her resort partners in Costa Rica, Spain, Mexico and Bali to provide comfortable and secure lodging accommodations, delicious, gourmet vegetarian meals, and inspiring study areas- all of which are set in lush, tropical environments. This is the perfect retreat for getting away from the day-to-day worries of life to allow time for self-study and contemplation in an oceanside setting.
Read on to learn more about Marianne Wells Yoga School 200 hour curriculum and requirements for registering, or visit our Testimonials and FAQ page to hear from past students and to find out if MWYS is right for you.
200 Hour RYT Training Details
Most frequent questions and answers for our 200hr YTT Certification
Techniques & Practice
- Explore modifications in asanas to best benefit the practitioner, including the use of props.
- Develop an eye for alignment, mastering how to make verbal cues and safe and smart hands-on adjustments.
- Master practical systems; pranayama, meditation, chanting, kriyas.
- Design balanced joyful classes with smart sequencing of postures.
Teaching Methods & Styles
- Master steady postures through in depth alignment study.
- Understand the energetic involved in various styles of yoga: Vinyasa, Ashtanga Primary Series, Kundalini, Tibetan, Tantra, Restorative.
- Understand yoga for children, for seniors, for pre / post natal students.
- Develop your own teaching style based on who you are and who you can be!
Anatomy & Physiology
- Study physical, subtle anatomy, physiology of the body systems.
- Work with injuries, demonstrate alignment principles, prevention.
- Applied yoga therapy; learn how to work with pain, injuries, and many health conditions.
- Assigning “yoga homework” to your students.
- Experience yoga’s benefits and healing energies, chakras, nadis, etc.
Yoga Philosophy & Yoga Lifestyle
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Learn how to apply yoga’s philosophy into your practice and life.
- In depth study of the Yamas and Niyamas as they apply to your life and your teaching.
- Know how nutrition and lifestyle affect yourself and your students.
- Understand how to raise your vibration through development of your personal narrative and positive interactions with your students.
- Learn by doing – some of our most fun learning days. Teach a variety of mini-classes throughout the training with constructive feedback from your peers.
- Learn sequencing and staging of classes.
- Understand how to teach any and all students simultaneously with effective cueing and voice, use of props, alternative poses for the individual.
The Business of Yoga
- Understand your yoga business from both a local and global perspective
- Be aware of the legal requirements you are responsible for as well as what yoga studio’s are responsible for
- Build your brand through social media and modern marketing methods
- Build your student following and understanding appropriate boundaries
- Build community and being connected in life
- Yoga Alliance and IAYT registry and membership
- Continuing Education and the best self care for YOU!
Requirements for Signing up for Marianne’s Teacher Training are simple:
1. Read this website. Explore Marianne’s Blog, read about Marianne’s background and teaching philosophy, and read our student testimonials. It is important that every person who chooses Marianne Wells Yoga School yoga teacher training understands who Marianne is and the why behind what she lives and teaches with her teacher trainings.
2. Be open-minded. The more expectations and preconceived notions you have about what your yoga teacher training will or should include, the less you focus on the experience you are having. The students who arrive in Costa Rica with a willing heart and the desire to move toward the life of a yogi have the most rewarding experiences. Again, explore this website and truly contemplate whether signing up for Marianne’s teacher training is the best choice for you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about signing up for Marianne’s 200 or 300 hour teacher training.
3. Arrive healthy and well-rested. Yoga teacher training is not a two week detox, yoga bootcamp, retreat, or vacation. Being a yoga student with Marianne means two weeks of packed days where you must be fully present in body, mind, and spirit. Don’t start your yoga teacher training journey overly fatigued or with a body that is not well prepared for the long (albeit extremely rewarding!) days. Coming with a rested body and a focused mind will start you on your path to fulfillment as a yoga teacher. We live the yoga lifestyle during our time together.
In addition to these 3 requirements, Marianne’s advice to prospective students is the same:
Read as much as you can about yoga philosophy and history, the anatomy of yoga, and the various styles of yoga. Take as many different classes from a variety of instructors in different venues as possible. A broad experience base and an open mind will serve you well in this training course.
- Lodging Accommodations of your choice with comfortable and restful rooms, comfortable beds, fans, en suite bathrooms, daily maid service, linens.
- Three delicious gourmet vegetarian meals daily – drinking water, coffee, tea, fresh juices.
- Comprehensive Yoga Alliance teacher training with Marianne Wells – E-RYT 500 and her support staff
- 200 hours of accredited study – upon successful completion students receive their professional certification from Marianne Wells Yoga School – a Yoga Alliance registered school, and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance
- Ongoing professional mentoring from Marianne Wells after successful completion of the studies
Not included in your tuition:
- Additional ground transportation
- Travel Insurance
- Yoga books for studies
200 hr YTT Instructor Retreat Package
Shared lodging with dorm, double, triple, and quad rooms available. Includes air conditioning.
200hr lux instructor retreat Package
Get our deluxe single lodging with private room and en suite bathroom. Includes air conditioning.
Book Early to Guarantee Your Space
Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreats fill up months in advance. Register today to ensure your space in our class.
Meet Marianne – Your E-RYT InstructorA leader in the yoga community, I have been teaching yoga for more than 30 years, drawing on the traditions of Bhakti, Tantra, Hatha and Vinyasa to help bring the ancient universal wisdom of yoga to modern seekers. What the Ancients called the sacred path has become a way of life for me. It’s about learning how to experience and promote a peaceful connection between the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual bodies, and discovering who we are and why we are here. My multidimensional yoga trainings will inspire you to live from your heart, to find your peaceful inner strength and to see the unity within our diversity – that we are all One.
“Marianne’s yoga training has connected me with my cultural heritage from Indian again.
“It was more than a training- it was almost a therapy. So many people opened up, opening their hearts and their minds. This experience is supporting me and my self-development. I loved learning every day and I learned about myself, human behavior, overcoming challenges, and how to really live in the now.”
“I’ve taken yoga classes at Kripalu, Omega, and I’ve been to India. Never have I gone so deep as in Marianne’s yoga classes. Thank you Marianne!”
“I was amazed by how much the morning practices helped me connect with myself and inspire me to practice yoga daily. I had never even heard of Sutras or yoga philosophy before this experience, but it opened my eyes to the connection between mind and body and how much our bodies can affect our minds.”
Join Thousands of Certified Instructors
With over 25+ Years of Experience, Marianne Wells Yoga School has certified thousands of yoga instructors in beautiful destinations like Costa Rica.