Really Real Yoga®
Yoga Teacher Training
100 HR Foundation Overview Yoga Teacher Training Retreat
Become a more confident teacher!
There is a difference between instructing and teaching. Marianne Wells has been leading yoga teacher training for 20+ years. Her background as a “teacher for the teachers” is unmatched by most other trainings.
Along with Marianne’s passion for preserving yoga’s great traditions, she brings lightness and ease to both learning and life. Let her show you the way to becoming more abundantly clear about your purpose in your life and as a yoga teacher.
This training retreat is perfect for anyone who is interested in yoga study but does not want to commit to 200 hours of study, those who received their 200 on line and now realize they do not know how to teach real people in a real setting, and for those who are fitness professionals and now want to include yoga in their offerings.
Join us and build on your experience, gaining more understanding of who you are in life and all that you can bring to teaching yoga.
Read on to learn more about Marianne Wells Yoga School 100 hour curriculum and requirements for registering, or visit our Testimonials and FAQ page to hear from past students and to find out if MWYS is right for you.
100 HR Foundation Overview
Most frequent questions and answers for our 100hr YTT Certification
ANATOMY & ASANA
Gain a deeper appreciation for how the body moves by understanding its structure, what makes it both soft and stable – and how to apply this with grace and ease while teaching real people in group settings.
Learn what the top / major asanas are, and why these are important for harmonious health. Increase your understanding of alignment through all the layers of the physical body, the energetics, and benefits within each pose.
PHILOSOPHY & LIFESTYLE
Marianne will take you through the ancient wisdom and traditions, as they apply to modern life. Develop knowledge of philosophical teachings, and how these apply to a happy healthy lifestyle.
TEACHING METHODS & SPECIAL CONDITIONS
As you develop your voice, you’ll move beyond typical cookie-cutter approach instruction. Learn how to see the diversity in the wide array of minds and bodies in each class. Lead with confidence, knowing how to work with common injuries and unique conditions.
SEQUENCING & CUEING
Learn how to plan classes as a framework to build upon. Create sequences of poses where every participant truly feels a part of the experience. By integration of focused cues, you will bring class participation to a whole new level, with your students feeling wonderful in their bodies, calm and clarity in their minds, and sparks of joy in their hearts.
Marianne will teach you how to see the bodies you are teaching by observing their subtle movements. Variations of postures and modification cueing will flow gracefully as your words inspire everyone to live their best life.
CAREER & RESORT TEACHING
Life is a process of refinement, and those who are visionaries thrive at all times. Marianne has taught at fancy yoga studios, gyms, church basements, rec centers, community centers, senior centers, schools, businesses, medical centers, hospitals, federal prisons, eating disorder clinics, and many resorts throughout the Caribbean. Together we’ll explore the path that will broaden your opportunities for teaching and becoming who you are meant to be!
Requirements for Signing up for Marianne’s Teacher Training are simple:
1. Read this website. Explore Marianne’s Blog, read about Marianne’s background and teaching philosophy, and read our student testimonials. It is important that every person who chooses Marianne Wells Yoga School yoga teacher training understands who Marianne is and the why behind what she lives and teaches with her teacher trainings.
2. Be open-minded. The more expectations and preconceived notions you have about what your yoga teacher training will or should include, the less you focus on the experience you are having. The students who arrive with a willing heart and the desire to move toward the life of a yogi have the most rewarding experiences. Again, explore this website and truly contemplate whether signing up for Marianne’s teacher training is the best choice for you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about signing up for Marianne’s 200 or 300 hour teacher training.
3. Arrive healthy and well-rested. The best thing you can do for yourself is to arrive ready to learn. Being a yoga student with Marianne means everyday is packed with lessons where you must be fully present in body, mind, and spirit. Don’t start your yoga teacher training journey overly fatigued or with a body that is not well prepared for the long (albeit extremely rewarding!) days. Coming with a rested body and a focused mind will start you on your path to fulfillment as a yoga teacher. We live the yoga lifestyle during our time together.
In addition to these 3 requirements, Marianne’s advice to prospective students is the same:
Read as much as you can about yoga philosophy and history, the anatomy of yoga, and the various styles of yoga. Take as many different classes from a variety of instructors in different venues as possible. A broad experience base and an open mind will serve you well in this training course.
- Lodging accommodations in comfortable and restful rooms, comfortable beds, air conditioning, en suite bathrooms, daily maid service, linens.
- This training retreat is offered exclusively at all-inclusive resorts in the Fit Bodies network. We will enjoy an abundance of delicious foods and fresh juices.
- Comprehensive training with Marianne Wells – E-RYT 500 and her support staff.
- 100 hours of accredited study – upon successful completion students receive their professional certification from Marianne Wells Yoga School – a Yoga Alliance registered school. They will be eligible to register with Fit Bodies as a Yoga Pro, and apply these hours as CEC’s with Yoga Alliance.
- Ongoing professional mentoring from Marianne Wells after successful completion of the studies.
Not Included in Your Tuition
- Additional ground transportation
- Travel Insurance
- Yoga books for studies
100 hr YTT Instructor Retreat Package
Shared lodging with dorm, double, triple, and quad rooms available. Includes air conditioning.
100hr lux instructor retreat Package
Get our deluxe single lodging with private room and en suite bathroom. Includes air conditioning.
Book Early to Guarantee Your Space
Our 100 hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreats fill up months in advance. Register today to ensure your space in our class.
Meet Marianne – Your E-RYT InstructorA leader in the yoga community, I have been teaching yoga for more than 30 years, drawing on the traditions of Bhakti, Tantra, Hatha and Vinyasa to help bring the ancient universal wisdom of yoga to modern seekers. What the Ancients called the sacred path has become a way of life for me. It’s about learning how to experience and promote a peaceful connection between the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual bodies, and discovering who we are and why we are here. My multidimensional yoga trainings will inspire you to live from your heart, to find your peaceful inner strength and to see the unity within our diversity – that we are all One.
“Marianne’s yoga training has connected me with my cultural heritage from Indian again.
“It was more than a training- it was almost a therapy. So many people opened up, opening their hearts and their minds. This experience is supporting me and my self-development. I loved learning every day and I learned about myself, human behavior, overcoming challenges, and how to really live in the now.”
“I’ve taken yoga classes at Kripalu, Omega, and I’ve been to India. Never have I gone so deep as in Marianne’s yoga classes. Thank you Marianne!”
“I was amazed by how much the morning practices helped me connect with myself and inspire me to practice yoga daily. I had never even heard of Sutras or yoga philosophy before this experience, but it opened my eyes to the connection between mind and body and how much our bodies can affect our minds.”
Join Thousands of Certified Instructors
With over 25+ Years of Experience, Marianne Wells Yoga School has certified thousands of yoga instructors in beautiful destinations like Costa Rica.